Thursday, October 16, 2014

Passion Project Reflection II

     My passion project this year is going a-okay.  I've gathered a lot of information, actually.  So far, I haven't touched many topics, however I have a lot of information on the few topics I've found.  I'm really enjoying this project and I'm having a lot of fun researching things.  I've learned a lot on various alchemists.  There are even famous scientists and chemists in history that practiced alchemy, and I'm so amazed by it.  It's so interesting to see how alchemy ties into history.  Schools don't really teach about alchemy, despite alchemy having such an impact on the earth, so I think my project will be very useful and interesting.  It's a good topic to learn about. 
     The progress in my project, however, slowed down a bit from the last time I updated this blog.  I don't really know where to expand to.  I started with finding famous alchemists, and now I don't know where to go from there.  I'm thinking about starting research on scientific alchemy, but I'm not really sure.  I think I might research how alchemy came to many theories still used today. 
     I've been reading a little bit of The Alchemist, and I really like it so far!  However, I'm not sure if it's really "authentic" alchemy.  It might just be a story, but I'll still look into it.  It might be cool to expose myself to different theories on alchemy.  I think, however, I'm going to be more diligent with knowing a lot of information on a few topics than knowing a little bit on many topics.  If possible, I'd like to know a lot of information about a lot of topics, but I'm not sure if that's going to be possible. 
     I'm actually not sure on how I should present my project.  I want to refrain from doing a slideshow, as I made slideshows for my last two passion projects and I want to keep things fresh and interesting.  However, my camera isn't working so a movie may not be possible.  I've been thinking about making a little animation, but that's far too time consuming.  I'll keep thinking about it, maybe I'll think of an idea later. 
     Welp, I'll keep working on this.  I hope I get more work done.  I want to be able to have a lot of time to actually make the project.  I really don't want to run out of time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment